Balsamic Vinegar and Sea Salt Chickpea and Sweet Potato Salad
Can’t stand the thought of a cold salad? This warm salad (or rather roasted veg mix) will cure your cold feet
Guaranteed to fill your kitchen with an incredibly inhale-able smell, this is perfect for those who want to get a serve of veg but don’t want to brave a cold dish when the mercury drops.
Inspired by Oh She Glows
- 1 C canned chickpeas (approximately 1 15-ounce can), drained
- 1/2 a medium sweet potato, cubed
- 1/2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 + 1/2 T balsamic vinegar
- Big pinch sea salt (to taste, I think I used around 1/2 t)
- Preheat oven to 375F/190C (do this before you prepare your ingredients)
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well to coat the veg.
- Spread mixture over a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until sweet potato is tender. Makes one large serve or two small serves.
Don’t be fooled by the simplicity of this dish – the flavors go so well together!