‘Secretly Green’ Berry-Banana and Peanut Butter Smoothie
Hi! Hope everyone’s had a good weekend.
This was one of the last drinks I made before my blender died and I thought that it was too good not to share!
I love green smoothies. I really, really do – but some days the thought of drinking something greener than Dipsy doesn’t go down well. With the help of some super-colored berries, though, green smoothies are easily turned purply-pink.
This was also the first time I made a smoothie with a green other than spinach. In went some lettuce, and surprisingly the taste was extremely faint, if there at all. Score
- 1 big handful of lettuce/salad/spinach
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 2/3 cup frozen berries (I used equal amounts of blueberries and raspberries)
- 1/2 a banana (or 1 very small banana)
- 1 large or 2 small dates
- sprinkle of ground flax and chia seeds (optional)
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Serve garnished with some berries if you wish. Makes about 1.5 cups of smoothie.