Thick and Creamy Hummus
I haven’t eaten many things that I can describe as creamy, thick, addictive and healthy. Then again, I hadn’t made this hummus.
But that ended with this recipe! This is hands down one of the yummiest dips/condiments I’ve made and I wonder how I was ever content with salt-laden and too-garlicky supermarket hummus. I’m sure I don’t have to remind you that thanks to the chickpeas and tahini, this hummus is packed with protein and iron and contains no suspicious-looking ingredients 😀
And because it’s healthy, that means I can eat the whole recipe in one sitting, right? Riiight?
Adapted from Oh She Glows
- 1 C canned Chickpeas, liquid from can reserved
- 2 T Liquid from Can of Chickpeas (or water)
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- 3 T tahini
- 4 T fresh lemon juice
- 5 drops* Tabasco sauce
- Olive oil, to drizzle
- Paprika, to garnish
*Note: Next time I would like to add more Tabasco, but adjust according to your taste.
- Place all ingredients except for salt, oil and paprika into a food processor and blend until the hummus is a bit chunky.
- Taste to see if you would like to add salt and add if necessary.
- Continue to process until hummus is smooth and creamy. Serve drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with paprika. Makes about 1 to 1.5 cups hummus (rough estimate!)
Into the food processor they go!
Spin it, and within a matter of minutes… hummus.
Cue the crackers…
Want a bite? 😉