Blueberry Vegan Overnight Oats
After making homemade blueberry soy yogurt, I couldn’t resist using a little to make overnight oats.
Overnight oats are one of those ‘minimal effort’ dishes. Who doesn’t love a breakfast that makes itself while you sleep and is ready when you wake up? It’s possible to veganize them, but it sometimes lacks creaminess if you don’t use yogurt. But if you can make it with vegan yogurt…
These oats were so creamy and one of the best batches of overnight oats I’ve had! The sprinkle of cinnamon really helps to bring out the flavor of the blueberries.
- 1/4 C each of oats, soy milk and homemade blueberry yogurt*
- Sprinkle of chia and flax (optional, but with so many health benefits and a very mild taste, why not?)
- A drizzle of maple syrup
- Chia seeds and cinnamon (to sprinkle on top)
- Fresh blueberries to top
*This makes a small serving of oats, which is ideal if you want a very light breakfast or you’d like your oats with something else. If you want a bigger bowl of oats, increase the 1/4 cup measurement to 1/3 or a 1/2 cup.
- Combine ingredients in a bowl the night before or at least two hours before you plan to enjoy your oats.
- Cover and pop the bowl into the fridge.
- After two hours/overnight, your oats are ready to enjoy. Top it with a sprinkle of chia seeds, ground cinnamon and fresh blueberries. I’ve heard you can microwave overnight oats to take the chill out, but I like this dish cold 🙂