Creamy Beetroot Dip
So happy that the weekend is finally here, and boy do I ever have a delicious dip recipe!
But before that, I’m excited to announce that Crunch and Chew is now on Twitter! You can find me here or through the button along the right side of the blog 🙂
I got a request to make a beetroot dip and was pretty excited to try this recipe when I found it. It’s even easier to make than hummus and is the prettiest purply-pinky color. Served with warm turkish bread – AH-mazing!
I’ll have to warn you, though, it’s terribly addictive and had many of us fighting for the last spoonful…
Barely adapted from Simply Great Meals
- 1 425g/15oz can of sliced beetroot, well drained
- 125g of Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese (or regular cream cheese)
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Mint leaves, to garnish
- Place all ingredients except the mint into a food processor/blender/VitaMix and blend until smooth.
- Garnish with mint leaves to serve. Makes approximately 1.5 cups of beetroot dip. If you have leftovers, store in an airtight container and pop it into the fridge.
Before I leave you, I’d like to ask if you could please spare a thought for all the victims of the floods in Queensland, Australia. The damage and devastation is so widespread and immense and it’s heartbreaking to hear of the struggle they are going through. You can show your support by my making a donation if you wish 🙂
Have a très bon weekend!