Chocolate Cookie Dough (Raw, Vegan and Gluten Free)
When I was little, the best part about baking was ‘testing’ the batter to see how it was. But now that I’m a little older…
…it still is! Some things never change.
Every time I bake I’m tempted to forget about cooking the batter and grabbing a spoon to devour it there and then. I admit, I’ve given in a couple of times, but I’m not too great at stomaching raw batter with uncooked flour and especially with raw egg – yikes 😦
But what about cookie dough that was meant to be eaten uncooked, was gluten free, vegan and raw? What about cookie dough that was good for you?
- 70g medjool dates, pitted
- 10g raw almonds
- 10g raw macadamias
- 10g raw cocoa powder (or to taste)
- Process dates until finely chopped.
- Throw in the nuts and process until smooth and well combined.
- Add in the cocoa powder and process until fully incorporated and mixed through.
- Scoop out ‘cookie dough’ and enjoy! If you wish, it can be shaped into bars and made firm by chilling. Makes about 100g of cookie dough or 1/3 to a 1/2 cup. Store in the fridge.
Don’t forget to pit the dates before processing them! I almost did…
Add the nuts in. I tried a few of them – you know, quality control 😉
Smoooooth. If you don’t want to, you don’t have to add the cocoa. This recipe is perfect to play around with in terms of flavors.
Blend in the cocoa and it’s done! Soft cookie dough goodness in minutes.
If you’d like to shape it into a cookie bar, wrap the dough in some cling/saran wrap, then shape into a rectangle with your hands. Chill for a few minutes to firm up.
It’s good every way.