Spaghetti Bolognese (Quick, Easy and Vegan!)
Following a busy week I’ll be having an ever busier weekend (if that’s possible!), so I thought that I’d leave you with my favorite creation from the past week.
I remember turning vegetarian and thinking that my days of mince were over. Little did I know that there were heaps of great mock-mince products on the market although I’ve only recently brought myself to try one. I’m quite impressed – it’s not exactly like meat, of course, but considering that the brand I bought was vegan it’s pretty darn close!
I settled for a classic spag bol to try the mock-mince in for the first time, and just like that I had no more spaghetti left 😦 Not for long, though…
- 150g of your favorite veggie mince, pre-cooked (check the label to see if it’s vegan)
- 400g (approx.) jar of your favorite tomato-based pasta sauce (I used a herb and chilli one which worked amazingly!)
- 2 small or 1 large carrot, sliced/finely diced/however you like
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooked spaghetti, to serve
- Fresh parsley, to garnish
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil on medium heat.
- Cook carrots until soft.
- Add in sauce and mince. Season to taste.
- Serve over cooked spaghetti with a crack of fresh black pepper and some parsley.
That’s it! Don’t be deceived by how easy it seems, this dish is ridiculously delicious.
By the way, it makes great leftovers – bonus 😉